Medicinal Genomics and Courtagen Life Sciences today announced that the entire full day program of CannMed 2016 will be live streamed on Monday, April 11th, 2016. CannMed 2016, a Personalized Cannabinoid Medicine Conference, will be held at The Joseph B. Martin Conference Center at The Harvard School of Medicine April 10-11, 2016. Registration for the live streaming is now available for $99 on the CannMed website.
CannMed 2016 will feature an exciting panel of speakers including key leaders in medical cannabis research, clinical application and production. Speakers include Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, cannabis research pioneer and the “Father of Marijuana Research,” and Kyle Turley, former NFL All-Pro player and founder of the Gridiron Cannabis Coalition. Additional conference speakers include:
- Dr. Orrin Devinsky, Professor of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry at the NYU School of Medicine
- Dr. Bonni Goldstein, Medical Director, Canna-Centers
- Mr. Hugh Hempel, CEO, Strainz
- Dr. Catherine Jacobson, Director of Clinical Research, Privateer Holdings / Tilray
- Dr. Ethan Russo, Medical Director, PHYTECS
- Dr. Dustin Sulak, Integr8 Health physician
- Mr. Josh Wurzer, President and Co-Founder, SC Laboratories
CannMed also announced sponsors for the 2016 conference.
Platinum Sponsors include:
- Strainz, a leading national cannabis brand management company that is delivering a portfolio of premium grade cannabis products through strategic local production partners.
- Tilray, a global leader in medical cannabis research and production, operating one of the largest and most sophisticated medical cannabis cultivation facilities in the world in British Columbia, Canada.
Gold and Silver Sponsors include:
- Athletes Cann, a platform for athletes of all calibers to become involved in the cannabis versus opiate discussion to advance the concept of cannabis as an alternative medicine in the fight against ‘Athlete Suicide.’
- Hamilton Robotics, a leading global manufacturer of automated liquid handling workstations that meet the demands of agricultural scientists in the medicinal marijuana field. The company has extensive expertise in genomics, including DNA purification, qPCR setup, and NGS, for microbial Bioburden screening and genetic identification.
- Healer, a provider of access to medical cannabis best practices with step-by-step courses that are lead by Dr. Dustin Sulak, regarded as one of the world’s leading experts on the clinical applications of medical cannabis.
- Shimadzu Scientific Instruments, the American subsidiary of Shimadzu Corporation providing expertise in medical marijuana testing with instrumentation for potency profiles, pesticide screening, fungicide analyses, residual solvent, terpene profiles, mycotoxin/aflatoxin and heavy metals.
- Weedmaps, the first and largest global technology and media company in the cannabis space, the leading marijuana dispensary, delivery and retail finder, and a multiple-platform digital hub for the global marijuana community.
CannMed 2016 conference registration is still open for individuals who want to attend live or remote. Discounted rates are available for students and physicians. For New England attendees, a special “Patriot Rate” has been created. Upon registration, use code PATRIOT with an address in MA, CT, RI, ME, NH, or VT. For additional details or to register for CannMed 2016, visit http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/CannMed2016/
Note to editors: Passes are available for accredited media upon request.
About Medicinal Genomics Corporation
Medicinal Genomics Corporation applies state-of-the-art life science technology to Cannabis plant genetics. Our products help growers, dispensaries, and safety testing laboratories characterize and understand the quality of medicinal cannabis. Medicinal Genomics utilizes a highly sophisticated Next Generation Sequencing laboratory, bioinformatics system, and DNA based technologies to deliver unmatched technical solutions to decipher the genetic code and quality level of medicinal Cannabis. Medicinal Genomics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc. For more information, please visit http://www.medicinalgenomics.com/
About Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc.
Courtagen Life Sciences, Inc., located in Woburn, MA, is a CLIA/CAP certified molecular information company focused on the diagnosis of a range of neurological disorders. Courtagen operates a highly sophisticated Next Generation DNA Sequencing, bioinformatics, and clinical interpretation business. Courtagen’s work helps physicians elucidate the linkages between the genotypes and phenotypes of various neurological diseases. For more information, please visit http://www.courtagen.com/